KRISTENSEN, Julien; MARGGRAF, Matthias; PIASETZKI, Adrian:
DO EN 15227 scenarios reflect real-life railway accidents?
Collision scenarios, rail vehicles accidentology and numerical investigations on deviation cases
This FULL TEXT article will be published in the official PROCEEDINGS of the 10th international Symposium
- PASSIVE SAFETY of RAIL VEHICLES 2015
- Schriftenreihe BAHNTECHNIK AKTUELL (Band 55 / 2015)
- ISBN 978-3-940727-48-0 (Alle Rechte beim Verlag des IFV Bahntechnik e.V., Salzufer 17 – 19, SG 20, 10587 Berlin)
- © Copyright 2015 – www.fachpublikationen-online.de
2. The European Standard EN 15227
3. Rail vehicles accidentology
3.1. Accident statistics
3.2. Main deviations from the EN15227
4. Investigations of deviations
4.1. Collision between different vehicles: SLT – VRM accident
4.2. Collision with climbing of crash elements
4.3. Collision on a curved track
4.4. Collision between two EN15227-compatible vehicles
The European Standard EN 15227 defines crashworthiness requirements for all railway vehicles and has been in application since 2008. It aims to reduce passenger injuries by providing a sufficient structural integrity of the train during a collision. Based on national regulations and research projects, different main collision scenarios are defined in the EN15227 and shall be investigated with strict requirements to be fulfilled by the rail vehicles. Hence new crashworthy trains tended to provide an efficient protection against such collisions over the latest years.
But in real-life accidents have often deviant conditions than the collision scenarios. So this article intends to investigate if the collision scenarios of the EN 15227 allow providing a sufficient crashworthiness during the current real-life train accidents or if additional measures and focus are necessary to avoid critical consequences for the passengers.
Es gilt das gesprochene Wort!
ASK THE EXPERT:
- Do you have questions about PASSIVE SAFETY, CRASHWORTHINESS or INTERIOR DESIGN?
- Participants of the 10th Symposium PASSIVE SAFETY 2015 may ask a QUESTION to the Speaker before the Symposium starts on 7 / 8 May 2015.
- Your QUESTION will be postponed from the interactive portal to the Expert(s) to prepare for answering adequatly. (*** Please indicate, if your question is an anonymous or a non anonymous.)
- The ANSWERS will be given during the symposium PASSIVE SAFETY 2015, taking place 07 / 08 May 2015 in Berlin.>>> www.railway-network.eu/passive-safety
- Click HERE to ENTER your QUESTIONS to the EXPERT (Speaker / (Co-)Author of PASSIVE SAFETY 2015.
ASK THE PUBLISHER:
- Publisher / Herausgeber: IFV BAHNTECHNIK e.V. >>> Ansprechpartner >>> Geschäftsführer